Why I left ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ show – Frank Edoho

Popular Nigerian TV presenter Frank Edoho has addressed claims that he was sacked from ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (WWTBAM),’ the highly acclaimed game show.

Edoho hosted Who Wants To Be A Millionaire from its inception on October 8, 2004, until September 2, 2017.

left the show following a breakdown in a contract negotiation that would have seen him rise to the position of executive producer.

But last year, game show organizers announced that Edoho would rehash his role as the anchor of the rebooted program.

Before he was recalled to anchor the show, there were rumours that he was sacked for undisclosed reasons.

In a recent Bants and Boujee podcast interview, Edoho said he needed to clarify the misconception after a troll attempted to use it to taunt him.

The TV presenter said he was never sacked, adding that the claims were untrue.

“Nobody has ever fired me in my career, and the employer that makes a mistake to leave me, they have always regretted,” he said.

Edoho earlier revealed how a Twitter poll prompted the organisers to make a U-turn back to him after 76 auditions for new people.

When ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’ came back, they did 76 auditions for new people. After the 76th audition, it just so happened that one day, one guy on Twitter just did a poll on ‘who is the king of suspense on TV?’ and he listed four of us,” he had said.

“And everyone replied that Frank is the undisputed king of suspense. I didn’t do anything, but I just saw my name trending.

“It was at that point they did the 76th audition, and saw that thing trending. Then, they left the 76 people and started calling me.”

Loading

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *